Those who have tried have discovered that clicking “save as” and selecting the PDF option does not necessarily produce a document that is faithful to what you saw on the screen in MS Word. Here’s a short list of potential problems:
- fuzzy pictures that look over compressed and pixellated.
- unacceptable font substitutions.
- mixed RGB and CMYK color modes. (Commercial printing requires CMYK)
- Lines and marks that should have been hidden by opaque layers show because of transparency issues.
- Text overflows in text boxes.